Edit Your Story Like a Professional…
without going broke paying for one
In this step-by-step, DIY editing guide, you’ll learn how to edit your messy first draft into a shiny, polished manuscript that’s ready to send off to agents, editors, and publishers. You'll learn how to:
Shape your story
Tighten your scenes
Perfect your prose
And become your own best editor in the process
..for about 1,000 times cheaper than an MFA, and 100 times cheaper than a professional editor!
Regular price $24.95. Mobi (for Kindle ereaders) and Epub (for most other ereaders and devices) files available to download immediately after purchase.
Includes everything you need to edit your story from start to finish:
- 400 meaty pages broken into five intuitive sections
- Pre-editing section helps you get organized before you start revising
- Story-level section walks you through revising your characters, assessing your point of view, developing your theme, fixing your plot, and strengthening your setting
- Scene-level section teaches you when to keep, cut, revise, or combine scenes, and how to strengthen your action, dialogue, summary, flashbacks, description, pacing, and more
- Sentence-level section shows you how to polish your prose to a shine, including cutting repetition, smoothing transitions, de-cluttering, and a ton more
- Post-editing section gives you a post-revision roadmap
- ...plus lots of BONUS MATERIALS like worksheets, templates, checklists, and more!
Meet the Author, Bucket Siler
You mean you want to know about ME?! Well, okay. I'm Bucket Siler. The Complete Guide to Self-Editing for Fiction Writers is the accumulation of my years of knowledge as a writer and freelance editor. While it would be impossible for me to cram all my know-how about fiction writing and the editing process into a single book, at a whopping 403 pages I feel like I certainly did my best!
Want official creds? In addition to my many years of experience as a developmental editor for fiction, I hold an MFA from the Rainier Writing Workshop and have been a Vermont Studio Center fellow and the recipient of a Fulcrum Fund Award. My creative writing has appeared in The Offing, Atticus Review, Bracken, and Storm Cellar, and others. I've also self-published eight zines, and am the founder of Santa Fe Zine Fest. Originally from the Pacific Northwest, I've lived in New Mexico since 2006.
What readers are saying:
"This book is changing my life and transforming my manuscript. There's elements of narrative structure I've never understood like I do now."
"It’s an incredibly thorough reference book on developmental editing, chalk full of examples and told in the same easy manner as her blog."
"I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to up their writing game and has never learned to edit."
Read more reviews on Goodreads
100% Happiness Guarantee
I want my customers to be happy. If The Complete Guide to Self-Editing for Fiction Writers lets you down, just email me within 30 days and I’ll refund your money, no questions asked.